Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Candidate #3: Mistletoe

This card almost didn't make the cut. Wendy wasn't too crazy about it, but an impromptu opinion poll determined that we'd include it. I'm so glad that we did, because I've heard lots of favourable feedback about this card from the participants.

This one uses Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, and Bravo Burgundy as the colour scheme. The background stamp is "Paisley", and the little flower sprig is from "Fresh Cuts". I needed to find a way to include coloured berries on the card without gluing seed beads or having to colour the stamp with markers before stamping. (That's just way too much work for an event like this). I elected to punch the berries out using a 1/8" hole punch so the burgundy paper peeks through. Neat!

The sheer ribbon is non-SU! ($1.50/5 yds at the M store), and it's held in place with a glue dot. The burgundy ribbon we used was legal (5/8" Bravo Burgundy grosgrain), though the ribbon in this sample photo is also illegal M-store ribbon.

No comments: