I made this card for Mother's Day (mom, if you're reading this, act surprised when I give it to you on Sunday!) It's a bunch of In Colour paper (soft sky, blue bayou and a dash of groovy guava) on Whisper White.I inked up my Cuttlebug folder with soft sky, and ran the soft sky cardstock through it.
The sentiment is from the set A Beautiful Thing, which was stamped on Whisper white and punched with my oval scalloped Nestabilities. I made a Blue Bayou scalloped mat for it, and it has been sponged and then pierced around the edges.
The flowers are all from bud basics. Some are stamped in ink and cut out. Some are embossed with white embossing powder and cut out. So. Much. Cutting. The vines are from Peaceful Wishes. Some of the smaller flowers were punched out using cheap Marvy punches from the M-store. They're held together with simple silver brads. The flowers are raised a bit on the card with dimensionals. The sentiment on the inside reads: "Someone like you should be celebrated every day" and it's from the It's Your Birthday stamp set.
I can't take credit for the design. It's stolen almost verbatim from SCS.
Enjoy!
(click on the picture to see it close up).

1 comment:
Truly stunning. I love how you have the flowers grouped together like that.
Post a Comment