Sunday, August 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Adina!

Today is my baby-girl's 6th birthday, and this is the card that I made for her.
The stamp is a retired hostess set from a few cattys ago called Reason to Smile. It was tedious to individually marker each flower of the butterfly, but it was worth the effort. A quick spritz of water to get the ink flowing again, and the image transfered nicely.
The paper behind the butterfly is Regal Rose, and there's some Pumpkin Pie and Pretty in Pink as well, but the patterned paper is some Michael's open stock, and the textured paper is from an 8x8 birthday slab that I have.
I sponged the Regal and the striped paper with Regal ink, and stamped the Regal paper with the flower flourish from the butterfly stamp set. The butterfly is tarted up with rhinestones, glitter and some silver wire for the antennae (she loves sparkle).
The ribbon is some pumpkin 1/4" grosgrain from SU! and a 1/8" pink satin from Michael's. Oh, and the rectangles were punched out with my nesties.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: