Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines!

I don't know about you, but I need a Disney break.

Last week my dear daughter and I sat down to make her Valentines cards for her class, because in this house, you make your Valentines*. How else can I justify all that paper in my craft room!?

* unless you're her older brother and cutesy valentines are for dorks. He has cruddy store-bought marvel comics valentines. Ptoo!

Here's my completely adorable (I can say this because I am thoroughly impartial and unbiased) daughter hard at work on her cards:

Seriously. How cute is this child?! Don't say I didn't warn you.

Inking up her stamp and checking for thorough coverage. She's a pro.
Working on the card for her teacher. It's special and bigger than the rest.


The finished project. A cute design! The hearts were cut with the Silhouette, run through the Xyron, and dunked in Martha Stewart "Garnet" red, fine glitter. This was layered on a square of white, a square of red, and a pink card. The Happy Valentine's Day sentiment is from Holidays and Wishes and is stamped in Real Red ink.



In addition to making Valentines, last week was also "Happy Wednesday"; an occasion that, apparently, warrants flowers! Who knew?!
What does one do with an unexpected bouquet of vibrant flowers? Well, stuff them in a vase and then break out the camera, of course!
These have only confirmed my suspicions that I need (yes, need) both a macro lens and possibly a nice wide/ 50mm /F1.8 prime lens.
That's a pricey bouquet of flowers. (-;

Enjoy!

No comments: