While excavating my craft room last weekend (excavating) I decided to mount some of my long-neglected, unmounted stamps, one of which was an old hostess set from 2 cattys ago called A Little Bit of Happiness. And yes, I'm that far behind in my stamp mounting. What of it!?
The heart stamp of this set caught my eye, and set me scheming about a nice Valentine's Day card. Here's what I came up with:
I coloured the hearts with my Prismacolour pencils and used some mineral spirits to blend and soften the colours (which, incidentally, are Pacific Point, and Tangerine Tango). I stamped the largest heart a second time, coloured it identically to the first, and cut it out. I applied some Crystal Effects to make it shiny and let it sit overnight to dry. It's layered over top of the first heart and raised with some pop dots. Shiny....
The bottom half of the card is some Pacific Point double-sided designer series paper. I heat embossed the sentiment from Best Yet (last catty's hostess stamps) on it in white.
It's hard to make a lovey valentine-y card for a man that isn't all gushy flowery ribbony bowy. You know what I mean? I think even the polka dots might be a bit too froo-froo.
Thanks for visiting!
C
No comments:
Post a Comment