Friday, April 17, 2009

Fun in the Sun (reprise)

Hi there!

A couple of weeks ago I created a Fun in the Sun layout. I wasn't super crazy about it, and my cat helpfully tipped the balance for me by dumping a full glass of water over the spread, warping and rippling all of the paper.

This weekend I had a chance (with new photos printed) to revisit the layout:


The background papers are from the SU! Sale-A-Bration freebie paper pack, and the celery twill ribbon is also a Sale-A-Bration freebie. Colours in the paper are So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, and Sahara Sand. The chipboard buttons were from the $1.50 rack at Michael's, and the die-cuts are done with my Silhouette.

The pages have a lot of blank space on them. I'm trying to embrace the openness on my pages. I tend to cram the pages full, until they're so busy you can't tell what the page is about! This might be a bit too far in the other direction, but I can live with it.

Oh, and if you're curious, the photo processing at Costco is vastly superior to the Walmart photo lab. The colours and picture quality of the Walmart overnight photos are lacking.

Thanks for looking,
C

No comments: