Saturday, June 27, 2009

Birthday scene

Wow. June has been frenetic. I've been whirling in circles with work this month trying to get everything done in time for my vacation, which started today.

Ahhhhhhh.

Here's a birthday card that I made for my mum using the Scene in a Garden stamp set. Super cute!

The watercolouring is done using Classic stamp pads and an aquapainter. I'm pretty pleased with the results.

I don't know what prompted to make me a green and orange (technically "Certainly Celery" and "Dusty Durango") card, since those are two of my least favourite colours, but after I painted the little scene, those were the colours it was crying out for me to use.

Funny how cards have a way of sorting themselves out, no?

Remember: last chance to order from the old catalog is this coming Tuesday. After that, the new stuff is available, but the prices will be going up (don't say I didn't warn ya).

Thanks for dropping by.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

That's a gorgeous card!!!