Thursday, September 4, 2008

Celebrating 10 years

My anniversary is tomorrow. Ten years; holy cow!

I made this card for my DH. I hope it's not too girly? Stamps are always so girly.

The card base is Brave Burgundy, and it has been stamped in Bravo Burgundy ink using the Wild Hearts background stamp (retired). I also stamped two heart outlines (Michaels dollar bin) in Versamark in the bottom right corner, and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. I then cut out the insides of the hearts.

LOVE has been stamped in Kiwi Kiss on some Very Vanilla cardstock. (L-O-V-E stamps from an illuminated alphabet set from Michael's). I needed to use my stamp-a-ma-jig to align them neatly.

Celebrate (Wonderful Words) is stamped in Basic Black on a strip of white vellum, which I tore along the edges. The Vellum is attached to the vanilla cardstock with a couple of shiny gold brads. Although you can't see it well in the photo, there's also some gold elastic cord (SU!) tied around the spine of the card.

The inside is another piece of Very Vanilla cardstock upon which I stamped the bottom inch and a half with the Wild Hearts stamp in Bravo Burgundy, so you can see it through the cut-out hearts when the card is closed.

Still to come: a birthday card and a thank you card. Tick tock!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Happy Anniversary Corrie! My husband and I are celebrating our tenth anniversary on the 12th.