Every year my kids love to carve up the Christmas Wish Book from Sears, cutting out all the pictures of things they want Santa to bring them. Last year I made them little wish books they could paste their cut out pictures into. It turned out to be extremely handy when it came time to go shopping, because I had a ready-made booklet I could pop into my purse that contained everything they wanted.This year I'm continuing the tradition. The booklets are a bit larger, but the idea is the same. They're 6x6 albums filled with blank white pages (about 10). Rowan's has some retired brown paper from SU!, some Baja Breeze for the title, and some Not-Quite Navy under the image and to mat the cover. The image is sponged in Soft Sky (retired), Baja Breeze, Blue Bayou (retired) and Not-Quite-Navy. The hockey dude you should recognize from last week's card (Michael's dollar bin) and the trees are from Lovely As A Tree. I added some gel-pen spots for snow, and a bit of sparkle because, well, I need a 12-step program for glitter.
The title is stamped in Baja Breeze with a sprig from Peaceful Wishes (retired, I think), and the pine cone is also from the same set. His name is just done in stickers.
The spine is tied with Blue Bayou double-stitched ribbon (retired) and some chocolate chip 1/4" twill ribbon. Not super Christmas-y, but at least it feels wintery.
I'll share Adina's booklet tomorrow.
Enjoy!
C
No comments:
Post a Comment