Today's reject is a card a friend is making for her own Christmas cards, so I'm sure she'll be pleased we're not mass-producing it. (Hi Heather!) It is taken almost verbatim from SCS, so check out the Season of Joy gallery there if you're searching for the original. Click on the image on the left to view a close-up.The card base is a typical 8.5x11 sheet of Real Red cardstock cut in half.
The Whisper White layer on top of that is 5.25 x 4" to start off with, but once you stamp the flowers from Season of Joy on it in Real Red classic ink and trim them with snips, it's more like 5.25 x 3". Around this piece of white I tied some 1/4" Real Red grosgrain ribbon.
The sentiment on the bottom is also from Season of Joy (I just love one-stop stamp sets) which was stamped in versamark, coated in white embossing powder, and heated with a heat tool.
A stamping pal (Hi Nicole!) decided it needed to be tarted up a bit, and added some 2-way glue and Dazzlin' Diamonds to the centre of each flower. I'm always a sucker for more glitter.
Apart from the cutting this is a dead simple - and affordable - card to make. It requires only two colours of paper, one colour of ink, and one stamp set. Email me know if you want a price list for the supplies needed (this will make 48 cards).
Check back tomorrow for more from my parade of rejects!
No comments:
Post a Comment