Monday, October 6, 2008

Pretty Happy

This is a pretty little birthday card I made for a friend's cutie-pie daughter and am just now getting around to uploading the photo. If it looks vaguely familiar, good for you; you have a killer memory! I made a card with a very similar layout for my m-i-l's birthday.

It's predominantly Pretty-In-Pink, with a hit of Rose Red on the sentiment (from It's Your Birthday - retired).

I inked the 'bug embossing folder before I ran the pink cardstock through it. I love the way it makes the embossing jump out a bit more. It also has a nice kind of aged or distressed look about it. I wrapped this lengthwise in a strip of pink 1/4" grosgrain ribbon before adhering it to the white card base.

I cut the oval out with my Nestabilities (swoon) and played with it a bit. After running the cutting die through the 'bug, I left the cardstock lodged in the die (perfectly normal), and ran it through a second time with the tan embossing mat to raise the edges. I removed the die from the bug, leaving the paper in it, and lightly sponged inside the die opening with some pink ink (I like to think and drink pink ink), which left a white frame where the paper was covered by the die. Sneaky!

I used my fake-a-ma-jig (like a stamp-a-ma-jig, but made by my dear Dad) to align the sentiment in the oval; after all that work, I needed to get it perfectly aligned the first time. It's adhered to the card with some pop dots and I finished it all off with a little pink bow.

So pretty.

No comments: