Thursday, May 21, 2009

Girly Purse

Hi!

I have a girly card to share today. I needed a dual purpose card/gift-card holder for a little girl's birthday. My daughter received a birthday invite last year that employed this idea, and I stole it and tweaked it a bit for my own purposes:


The shape of the card I cut out using my Silhouette. I probably spent as long drawing the darned thing on the computer as I would have if I just created it by hand, but now I have the template I can use over and over (if you're a Silhouette user and want the GSD file, let me know!)

When you lift the flap and open the purse, you can see the pocket I created inside by inserting some accordion-folded paper at the sides of the purse. It's just the right size for a gift card and the whole thing fits into a standard invitation-size envelope.

My daughter was able to create a small 3x2 card to slip inside the purse as well. Super cute!

Supplies
  • Whisper White cardstock
  • Michael's slab (name long since forgotten)
  • SU! Rhinestone brad
  • Got Flowers flower
  • EK Success flower punches
  • 2-way glue
  • Dazzlin' diamonds glitter

2 comments:

KAREN KANE said...

adorable! If only I used Silhouettes!

Krista said...

This is so sweet. Any girl would love to receive that.