Monday, May 11, 2009

Birthday Dude

Hi there!

A belated Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. I have a scrappy page for you today. This is for my son's 8th birthday. He's a very boyish boy: cars, flames, sports, flames. Better yet: sports cars with flames. Yeah, baby!


The background is some 12x12 red discovered in the Michael's clearance aisle by my bargain-savvy pal Nicole. Thanks Nic! The patterned paper is a "Me and my BIG ideas" slab I picked up from Michael's. It has very boyish paper, which I needed to counterbalance my girlie froo-froo proclivities. I added a bit of basic grey and basic black SU! paper for mats and such. The screw-head brads I picked up a while back at paperwishes.ca (back when it still existed), and finally have found a use for them. The title is cut out of pumpkin pie SU! paper using my beloved silhouette. It was looking a bit flat and drab when I first mounted it, so I grabbed my chalks to tart it up a bit:
I used a bit of real red chalk and yo-yo yellow to add some highlights/shadows. I think it really makes the letters pop.

Thanks for dropping in!

-C

p.s. Did you hit Dollarama yet in search of that "Recess-by Carson Dellosa" paper? We've found all but 2 patterns. Woo! Wendy is a paper sleuth extraordinaire.

No comments: