Saturday, May 9, 2009

It's a GIRL thing

It's scrappy time once again, and finally, FINALLY, I'm done with the the 2008 camping pics... of Balsam Lake. Aheheh, *cough*. Right, so back to the pages at hand:

To treat myself after a super finish in a 5K run on Sunday (woo!) I headed to Winners with a gal pal and found this gorgeous slab of My Mind's Eye paper. It's rare that I find a slab for which I love every page therein. The subject of today's spread: our girly scrapbooking getaway last June.

[aside: don't think our husbands didn't cotton on to the self-perpetuating nature of scrapbooking your scrapbooking weekend. It's like holding a mirror up to a mirror!]

The colours are roughly Tempting Turquoise with a hint of a green that falls somewhere between Certainly Celery and Gable Green. I used my new SU! eyelet punch that I ordered by mistake (woops) to create the Chocolate Chip border. The title is cut out of Very Vanilla and Tempting Turquoise with my Silhouette. The rhinestone star has been lurking in my embellishments drawer for almost a year and a half. It was time to stick it on something.

Now look closely at the band across the middle of the page. It's photos of all of the spreads we completed that weekend (minus the output of the two digi-scrappers in the group). Fun!

Thanks for dropping by,
C

No comments: