Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sketch Challenge

It's time for the March sketch challenge! Although this is the second challenge, this is the first on here on el Blog.

I challenge you to make a card using this layout:

The card challenge is intended to be an exercise in creativity that will stimulate and challenge you while giving you a fun excuse to make a card. No card police will show up at your door if you colour outside of the lines.

I had a lot of questions last time about what's "legal" in the challenge, so I'll try to set some ground rules before we get started this time.
  1. Please follow the spirit of the layout (appropriately shaped pieces in roughly the same sizes/spots). It doesn't have to be perfect, but don't deviate wildly.
  2. You can embellish as you see fit. Add layers. Add mats. Add brads or ribbon. The sketch is just your starting point.
  3. Send me a photo of your finished card. I don't want the card - just the photo.
  4. Please list the Stampin' Up! products you use (yes, you can use contraband products from the M store, but isn't the Stampin' Up! stuff nicer?)
  5. All photo submissions are due on March 18.

Why bother? Well, you get some practice. You get a nice layout for free. You get to see a bunch of different samples using that layout to give you some new ideas. And you get an excuse to make more cards (because we all need another excuse).

Start cutting! I can't wait to see what you come up with.


-Corrie

addendum: Here are the finished submissions.